Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sharing in your Sorrow

Good day my crafting friends, today, I got down to business. On Monday I found out about two people I knew who died suddenly. My prayers go out to their families. So needless to say, I had to go about making sympathy cards, I do find it hard to make these cards...needless to say I procrasinated a lot. They allow me too much time to think, but today I discovered that by taking the time to make them a card, I am honoring them and their memory.

I made few different cards today, some are just variations with different saying or different layering of the cards. I made two of each card today.

The first card I designed back in July for my uncles funeral. My husband has picked this card for his co-worker who lost her fiance.


How to make: Cuddlebug folder, black ribbon and black ink(su), scallop punch, small oval punch (su), paper: black, white and going gray (su) and stamp is from the Little Paper Shop.

These next two cards I used going gray and white paper (su). Stamp set Thoughts and Prayers (SU). Always Artichoke ribbon and ink.
I saw this card on Splitcoast stampers. The lady who did this card only used white card stock. I added the going grey. I don't know if the the tree and ribbon are the same color. It was beautiful. I could not get onto the site tonight but I will post her name on here as soon as I can.






The next two cards, the idea's were from the same lady on split coast stampers. She is very talented. I made some changes to her card to make it my own, but the basic idea was all hers. Again I will post her name tomorrow.
Stamp Set: Thoughts and Prayers (SU). Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU) Paper: Always Artichoke, chocolate chip and very vanilla (SU). Punch from (SU), Glitter: Dazzling Diamonds (SU) (only on one). Stickles: Cinnamon (I think???)










My final two cards of the night. I broke open my verve stamps. I absolutely love this cross, it was awesome to design these cards with. I would like to emboss it next time. It is another plain one.
I used Glitter: Dazzling Diamond(SU). Paper: Black, white and bashful blue(?) (SU), Black and white ribbon(SU), ticket punch (SU) and finally some pearls. as a finishing touch.
I hope you enjoy these cards. If you have any idea's on how I could change them up or what you think of them please drop me a line.
Wishing you a fanastic day tomorrow. It is time I hit my bed, morning will come very early.
Thanks for stopping in. Til tomorrow keep on smiling.






2 comments:

  1. I love your lay out of all your cards and the colors you used. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice cards girl! I love the colors you chose and the pearls!

    ReplyDelete