Monday, December 14, 2009

Reindeer Blinded by the Light!...LOL.

Hello fellow crafters!!!!

What can I say about today...we had a NO school day due to the cold weather -40 this morning. I babysat my little man today who was also feeling off, so it made for a good day of 4 kids bouncing off the walls. I did manage to do some blog surfing today. There are so many awesome ones out in blogger land. I just found out tonight that tomorrow is also a NO school day due to the cold weather. My kids need to run, but can't go outside right now...crafting in the next few days just might save my sanity...LOL.

Tonight I am doing two challenges in one. The first one is the Sweet Sunday sketch challenge. She has some really amazing sketches, so when you get a chance check it out. The second challenge I found was on my friend Melissa blog, it is through Moxie Fab World. In this challenge you had to make a christmas card with any kind of animal big or small. I made some scary deer's...LOL. It just might send you all running...hee hee.

On to more good times...tonight I was talking with my very good friend, Lori and she had some more christmas cards to make and I suggested this sketch...LOL. Next thing I knew she was throwing out a challenge to me. What was the challenge you say? To make the same card sketch, with the same stamp but we each did our own colors. I haven't seen Lori's yet (I can't wait to pop on over) so please stop by her blog to check out her wonderful creations.




This is my creation for the two challenges:

Yes, my deer's have glowing eye's I picked up the wrong color of marker (oops!!). I think they were blinded by the light and look kind of guilty...LOL. What do you think? This is a different looking group of Reindeer's. My jury is out right now (It looked a little different in my head. :0). It was an easy card and a blast to make. I hope you enjoy it. Thank you so much to The Sweetest thing for a wonderful sketch, I highly recommend it to everyone.


Recipe:
Stamps: Holiday Lineup (SU)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Garden Green, Merry Moments DSP, Very Vanilla
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Chocolate Chip Ribbon, Real Red Ribbon, Martha Stewart corner punch, chocolate pearls, corner rounder punch, dazzling diamonds, dimensionals, markers (SU).

Til next time - share a smile with someone you just might make their day and thank you so much for popping in.

3 comments:

  1. LMAO...you are so funny girl! Very cute card - I like the corner punch you used....yep, their eyes are a bit "bright" but maybe they need to really see well in the night's delivery on the 24th...
    Great card! Sorry that I didn't use the deer...I used the other 2 sets. I just didn't know how I was going to incorporate teal with reindeer :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Those little reindeer are so perfect for this sketch {even if they are all "aglow", haha!}. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tamie! Thanks for entering the All Creatures Great & Small Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! Happy holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete