Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Fairweathered Friends

Guess the coffee hasn't completely worn off yet...LOL. I have managed to complete another card tonight (just as I was hoping too). My darling hubby took the kids to rec night and I ran as fast as I could to my craft area...*wink.* These blogs were ones that I looked at the other day and had decided I wanted to give them a try.

The Pink Elephant had a Theme Challenge on this week (Challenge #49). What was the challenge you say....well it was BIRTHDAY!!!! I love making birthday cards so once again it was working with my Mojo...hee hee.
The sketch that I tried to follow was amazing. Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge #56. I have been looking at this blog challenge for months now but this is the first time I am able to try it. Thanks Mercy for a fabulous sketch. It was wonderful to work with.

Sweet Stampin Colour Challenge #8 was very challenging. Emma had asked for us to use at least three of the colors...but with the caffeine pumping through my veins I thought I was brave enough to try all four. Now I will admit, at first it was easy, but then I did struggle with the layer of colors I had in my head. Emma thank you for the awesome color combo.


Sweet nibblets, as I am typing this up, I noticed that I missed a layer on Mercy's Sketch. I am sorry about that. I did try hard to do justice to all of the challenges. Sorry about that Mercy. Guess my Mojo affected my eye's, I didn't see the black layer...LOL. I was able to use my new Nestabilities...it just added to the excitement tonight. :) I also pulled out the very first stamp set I bought. The poor things have been so neglected...but not anymore!!!

Recipe:
Stamps: Fairweathered Friends (SU)
Paper: Certianly Celery, Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Almost Amethyst, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black (SU)
Accessories: Markers (SU), Punch (SU), Rose Red Brads (SU), Rose Red Ribbon (SU), Certainly Celery Ribbon (SU), Swiss Dots and Spots & Dots (Cuttlebug), Paper Piercing, Small & Large (Nestabilities).
Tonight I enjoyed all of my challenges, each one offered me something new, a chance to step out of my creativity box, so thank you. I hope that you enjoy this card and I would like to say thank you for popping in and supporting my habit..LOL.
Til next time I am sharing a coffee enduced smile...LOL. :) :)




8 comments:

  1. Super cute fab card - thank you so much for joining us at The Pink Elephant.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tamie! wow your creative juices were flowing when you made this card or was it the caffine! lol its stunning, i love all the detailing, you have pulled the colour combo and sketch together perfectly.
    thank you so much for joining us for a Sweet Stampin Challenge, i hope you will join us again soon, good luck
    love emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin Challenge. Love your card and the colours you have chosen are great. Love the image you have used and the embossing.

    Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is lovely. I really like all the different textures. Thanks for playing at Sweet Stampin. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you can make these colors work, I looked at this color challenge and was challenged....very cool Tamie, and nice to see an old set from SU! That was my first set when I bought from Lori...very cool..Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thenk you for joining us for this weeks "SweetStampin" Challenge! I really love your card. I love the embossed paper and the tag with the birdies is super sweet! Very nice card! I really enjoyed your blog and your work. I am now following you along and would love it if you would follow along with me as well, hop on over!
    HUGS
    and
    HAPPY CRAFTING TO YOU
    Rach ~ Queen La Rubba

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great card. It looks better in real Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great card....nice image...thanks for joining Sweet Stampin
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete