Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Well today, is an exciting day for me. My oldest son turns 13. Where has time went? I just don't know, it seems like yesterday I was holding him in my arms...now he is 1/4 inch shy of 6 feet tall and I have to reach up to hug him. Hmmm. I must say today I have struggled with him becoming a teenager (yes some silly tears have flowed, hate to admit it, but it is true) and also because I lost my dad at 13. He is a very, very lucky boy to have his dad here with him.
Tristan loves horses and he has taken to wearing black (he does like some color though :o), sooooo I thought the two would be perfect for a card. I cased part of this card from my friend Lori's one stack a stamp christmas card. I changed some things to make it my own (colors, two top notes, a different cuttlebug folder, no ribbon, no daubers and different stamps). A huge thanks go out to her, because I was under the gun once again *wink*. The last few days have not been kind to me...Pain has set in and stoled my MOJO and let me tell you I want it back...LOL. Oh, well things can only get better, right????.

There is a new blog challenge out there that everyone should have a look at. It is called Stampin Royalty. All the DT's have done an amazing job on the first challenge and the cards are awesome!!!!! How did I find this new challenge blog, well it was from Sandra Farrell, Stamper on the Shore. With my son's permission I am posting this birthday card onto the challenge. Oh ya, in my ramblings I forgot to tell you their first challenge is a birthday card, to celebrate their birthday and launch.

So here is the big birthday card.




Recipe:
Stamps: Bareback and It's Your Birthday (SU)
Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, DSP (SU)
Ink: Vera Mark
Accessories: Top Note (SU), black embossing powder, D'vine Swirl folder (cuttlebug), black pearls, dimensionals, heating gun.

Sorry the posts have not been regular lately, I hope that changes soon. :).
Thanks for stopping bye and your comments they are really appreciated.

Til next time I am sharing a smile with you!!!!

8 comments:

  1. What a perfect card for a masculine birthday! I love the partial top note too! Thanks so much for participating on the Stampin' Royalty Challenge!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela said it... This really is the perfect masculine card!
    I LOVE the bareback stamp set too! It is not SU.. or is it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Sabriena! I hope that you are having a good night. Yes,the Bareback stamp set is from SU, I believe it was retired a couple of years ago. This is one of my fav's. Thanks for your wonderful comments and for stopping in and sharing my card with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Angela for your wonderful comment and for stopping in and sharing it with me. The encouragement is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card, I love the horses! I'm sure you're son loved it! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - great card. I love the black and white. And thanks so much for the shout out. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card, it is perfect for Tristan. Keep up the great work,it is great for the sole.Lv Ya!!!.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome card Tamie!!! I love the black/white combo with the DP you used! I'm sure Tristan loved it..and I was right there with ya about the teenager thing. While we were in Florida, I shed some tears too cuz we weren't home to be with Calvin when he turned the big 13...hugs!

    ReplyDelete