Saturday, January 2, 2010

Two Challenges in One

Happy New Years to all of my family, friends and crafting bloggers. How was your New Years? Mine was wonderful, we spent it with long time family friends. The laughter was non stop and the card playing was amazing. The kids all had fun playing outside in the snow and just being with each other too.

When we got home I was talking with Lori and we looked at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge to see if either of us won their fantastic blog candy. Well we didn't but congratulations to who did, HOWEVER...the exciting part was they posted their first challenge. It could be whatever color and design you wanted but the Diva's suggested using their blog colors, so I picked a few. I then went to Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge and she had posted a new sketch too #96. With two great idea's the inspiration just flowed. Making this card was a great way to relax tonight as I was doing laundry.

Here is the sketch for Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge:

This is what I came up with for the two challenges. I can't wait for my circle spellbinders to come, I struggled cutting my circle this time since it was not the size of my cups...LOL. The things we do for what we love...LOL!!! I was getting tired so I forgot my dazzling diamonds on the wings and wand. I will put them on first thing....well I guess later today, since it is currently 1:00 a.m.
Recipe:
Stamps: Beautiful Fairies- Inadinkado
Paper: Real Red, Pink Passion, Basic Black, Pixie Pink, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Pixie Pink
Accessories: Basic Black Ribbon, paper punch, jewels, Swiss Dots and D'vine Swirl (Cuttlebug) and dazzling diamonds to come.

I would like to give you all a heart felt thank you for helping me with your comments it continues to encourage me to do what I love, so thank. Til next time continue to smile, laugh and create.

Happy New Years and welcome to 2010.

13 comments:

  1. Hi Tamie!

    I love your card! You've put a lot of detail into it - the great embossing, the piercing, the cute image... Yes, the dazzling diamonds will definitely add the BLING that I so love - lol!

    Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday!

    Hugs ~ Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Love the pink and red combo! Thanks for playing the sketch challenge and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo cute Tamie!! I love that you ran with our blog colors too!!! Great job! Thanks for being part of our first ever challenge at Fussy & Fancy!!
    Hugs, Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! LOVe the bright colors of your card - super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card, your coloring is fabulous :).

    Fussy and Fancy Girl Juanita

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is perfect! Beautiful coloring Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday, I love how you used our colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow love this take on the challenge lush colours & gorgeous image perfect love it thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy 1st challenge hope to see you again.

    Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a cute card . The colors are great to-gther. way to go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww great blog post, and this is a fantastic project. perfect for Fussy and Fancy Friday. Love that you chose to use our funky, fresh, fun colors too.
    Fussy and Fancy Justine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh...so sassy and cute. Thanks for sharing your card at Fussy and Fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love her! She's soooo cute! I really like the embossing you chose for this card - fits it to a tee...way to go!! And yes, I cannot *wait* until you get your circle nestabilities, cuz you will be pumpin' out more awesome cards girlfriend! Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sassy little card!! Love the red and pink color combo! Great job with TESC96!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful card--I love your black, pink and red color scheme, and this fairy image is so cute! Thank you for joining our first challenge at Fussy and Fancy Friday!
    Hugs,
    April

    ReplyDelete