Monday, November 29, 2010

PPC #40 meets My Wintery Friends :)

Good Morning! It sure is a foggy one here in Millet! How was your weekend? Mine was very busy but it was a fun one but we did manage to take the kids and one of their friends to Harry Potter this weekend. Our weather this last week has been crazy. Snow and -30 something tempatures and then by Friday we were at 0. I wish it would stay at about -10. The roads in town are slushy and the snow was already melting some (it makes it easy to get stuck). We also watch the Grey Cup (Sunday) game it was a close one.

Lori will be our hostess this week at Picture Perfect Creations. We are hoping that Megan has had her little bundle of Joy and that she is enjoying being a mom. Congratulations Megan!

We are on Color Combo #40, Not Quite Navy, Daffodil Delight, Poppy Parade a bright one. Christmas time is still in my head and so I went out of the box with this color combo and created a christmas card. You heard me right...a Christmas card was made...LOL. It turned out pretty good too! So come and play with us and show us what inspires you with these colors.



Techno Stamper : Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge #149 Mary Jo Price-Williams has created this awesome sketch. I realized after I finished my card that I would be late for linking it, but I wanted to let you know that is was her sketch with the colors that inspired me. Crafty Hos' Challenge also has an inspiration picture that made me think of my polar bear and penguin image would go with their snowy picture too.

Here is my card. I also have entered into the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge #87 is a christmas challenge. The Paper Players Challenge #26 is to get your heat gun out and wet emboss ( my whole image is embossed with black embossing powder). I tried to get an angle of the card to show you the embossing girls but it didn't work to well (sorry). The full card is just below the first picture. What do you think of this stamp...aren't they just adorable! My cousin is an animal lover and works at the zoo so he just might get this one for christmas.

Thank you Lori for posting for the last few times. I hope to see you at Picture Perfect Creations this week. Don't forget to stop bye the other DT Creator's blogs to share them some love for their wonderful creations this week. Wishing you a fantastic Monday!!!

8 comments:

  1. Wow Tamie, very nicely done, love the embossing and the snowflakes, nice touch. Good layout, and the stamp, is so darn stinkin cut..TFS! WTG!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who can NOT do Christmas/winter this time of year? Don't look at me, I'm hooked and bet I will be until around New Years! lol I think we used the same embossing folder this time. I love the pearls in the snowflakes & that image is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tamie this card is SUPER cute!!! Don't you hate it when pictures can't seem to capture the "wow" factor of the card?? I can't see the black embossing but I can sure see the glittery snow at the bottom!!

    PS. It's the perfect card for an animal lover!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun image!! Fun card! Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute, cute card. Love that bear and penguin!! So glad you could join us this week at CIC!! Hope to see you next week too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the great, non-traditional colors for this cute winter scene! So fun! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute image! Love the color combination! Thanks for joining The Paper Players this week@

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwwww this is sooooo cute, thanks for joining us at The Crafty Ho Blog for our inspiration challenge! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!

    ReplyDelete