Thursday, December 30, 2010

Challenge 18 and Happy New Year at 4 Crafty Chicks

Good Thursday Morning! I would like to wish everyone a very Happy New Year! May it be a year filled with tons of laughter with family and friends. Also may 2011 bring you tons of inspiration with crafting in whatever you do.

Thank you so much to the ladies who played this last week. All of their cards were awesome. :)

Our very talented Crafty Chick Lori is the hostess-with-the-mostess this week.

Challenge #18 is theme of "New Year". Whatever it mean's to you, it could be a resolution, birthday, a baby, a new start etc.

This week is the 5th week in the month so here at 4 Crafty Chicks we offer up the CRAZY EGG and a prize. Lori has supplied all of these little goodies for us. Thank you Lori!


The New Year means celebrating my sons birthday. It is hard to believe that 14 years ago I was awaiting his arrival. Thought it might even be New Years but it wasn't...LOL. It was Jan 7 and a great day at that. At the beginning of every year, I think about what the year will hold for him and us. It was a great opportunity to just sit down and make his card and think about what is to come. We don't make resolutions but we are continuing to work at eating healthier this year.

Freshed Brewed Challenges #28 is to Celebrate and/or New Year. It works perfectly with ours over at 4 Crafty Chicks. Their DT's have some really awesome creations.

The sketch I am using is from Mercy's Tuesday Sketch. She always has inspiring work. Alas when I popped on over there, it said it was her final sketch. So Mercy, thank you so much for all of your inspiring sketches. Your talent I admire and will miss seeing what you have designed for us to create with each week. I know I will still be looking to see what you are doing. So hop on over and play with Mercy and her muses for her final sketch.


Now this card is the first one I made but couldn't show you until today. Samantha from Scrapmaster's Paradise color Combo's came up with these rockin colors. They screamed to me that Tristan would just love them. Check out her talented crew, they have some wonderful creations.

Here is my son's card. He is turning 14 and has been studying like crazy to get his learner's permit. Hence the truck on the card...this scares me more than you know. They grow up so fast and are ready to move on when parent's just haven't quite got there yet...LOL. I also step out of my comfort zone and used 3 patterned paper's. Yes you heard me right...there are 3 of them on this card...LOL.

(Sorry, I can't seem to get it to keep the recipe in the post...grrr!)

Now my other Crafty Chicks have completely out done themselves again this week. Each of their cards are just stunning.

Banking on Crafts - Leanne
Inkingly Yours - Lori
My Paper Obsession - Melissa

I want to take this chance to say Thank you to my friends. I have really enjoyed the last 18 weeks of fun. I look forward to every Thursday to see what each challenge has inspired you to create. Looking forward to working with you in 2011.

Too each of our followers Thank you. Without you this would not be possible. It has been so much fun seeing what has inspired you from our challenges and getting to know you from your blogs. Here is to seeing you in 2011 for some more crafty challenges, some prizes and most of all fun.

Just a thought...does anyone know where the last two weeks has went? It is hard to believe that my kids are going back to school on Monday.!!!

Please come join us for our theme challenge this week. We can't wait to see what you make!

May the 4th time be the charm for this tonight. I went to edit it and then it would let me publish because of my html. I had it published and linked. Tried two new ones completely and they both failed. I am really hoping this work. Hugs.

Thanks for stopping bye, it is always appreciated. Happy New Year :) :)









4 comments:

  1. I love this card. The papers are perfect and I am sure your son will love it!

    Thanks for celebrating with us at Freshly Brewed Challenges. Hope you have a blessed New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Truck, love the fact you used 3 pp, nicely done. Wow 14 huh! crazy time flies....Thanks to you also, these last 18 weeks have been fun, who would of guessed we all do and have so much fun, and the talent is amazing...keep up the great work, and happy craftn' in the New Year! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you're feeling, my son is 15 and can't stop talking about driving!!!!! Scary is right!!!
    What a fabulous card, love your papers, they are perfect!!! Great colors. Enjoy the New Year and thanks for joining us at Freshly Brewed Challenges.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way too cute! Thanks for playing at SPCC!

    ReplyDelete