Monday, December 20, 2010

The Play Date Cafe Meets Card Patterns

Good evening my friends. It is after 11 pm here, but I made a little time to craft after painting my sons room. Thank goodness we are almost done and my craftroom will be alllllll mine...LOL. I had a very special card to make for a wonderful friend. It is her birthday and well it just couldn't go without a card made specially for her.

The color combo I chose to use was from The Play Date Cafe: Black, White and a Splash of yellow. This challenge site is one of my fav's and boy have I missed playing here. Life has just gotten too busy and boy have I missed it. Of course with it being so late and well frankly my brain being so tired I required a sketch to help me...LOL. Card Patterns has a clean and simple sketch that screamed these colors. Thanks to all of the Design Team's inspiration's, they are beautiful.



Here is my card:

Clean and simple it is and well you know how I love my dry embossing folders...when you need a little pazz...emboss.

Recipe: Stamp: SU(??); Ink: Black; Paper: Daffodil Delight, Basic Black and Whisper White; Accessories: white pen, paper piercer, D'Vine Swirl, black pearls and black satin ribbon.

It sure is wonderful to sit and create something to make someone happy. Wishing you all a great night and thanks ladies for the wonderful challenges.

6 comments:

  1. it's a beautiful card Tamie!!!
    I love the elegance and simplicity of the card
    the embossing is amazing and the black pearls give a perfect touch

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought you were going to bed last night!?!? Look at you GO! Yay...it's gorgeous girlie! She will love it! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely use of the colors! I really really like this card :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!!! elegant card in great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a super nice card, and it even looks better here in my home...thanks again for the lovely Birthday card, love it!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Tamie! That pop of yellow really makes the card. So glad you could join us on Card Patterns this week. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete