Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Thanks a Bunch!!

Well it is very late this Tuesday night and I don't mind telling you...the temptures sure have dropped. I am freezing in my craft room right now. Tonight was about making some cards ahead of time and well I managed to get one done and then have some fun making one for some challenges.

So challenge hopping I went for Monday and Tuesday and low and behold I found the perfect theme for a card at Papertake Weekly Challenge: BE THANKFUL! Phindy's Place Challenge is also GIVE THANKS. This challenge blog is new to me and I want to thank Anne for introducing it to me. I look so forward to playing more in the new year. After chrismtas and spending time with family and friends who isn't thankful.

Now I had a theme, colors were needed and well I had seen Scrapmaster's Paradise yesterday and just loved them. Alarm bells were going off with these fabby colors.



Bang boom bam...now all I needed was sketch and I found an awesome one at Tuesday Morning Sketches by Melissa Craig.


I was set to go with colors, sketch and a theme *whoot, whoot*. Now on Melissa sketch there is a curved kind of line and well not having anything to do it for me, I broke out my scissors and attempted to cut it. Now don't laugh, it was really the best I could do. Also it was so much fun to use one of my new embossing folders. My card really isn't so huge in person, it is a normal size card...LOL...LOL.

Recipe: Stamp: A Little Somethin (SU); Paper: Always Artichoke; river rock, Soft Suede and whisper white; Ink: soft suede; Accesories: 1 3/4 in circle punch, large spellbinder, dauber, pop up's, paper piercer, Swiss dots and Fleur De Lis Cuttlebug embossing folders and scissors.

Well after my fun night of creating and my DH helping me find some new and cool ways to use my computer I am ready for bed. We are trying to find new ways to load pictures to my computer since mine won't let me put any on through my SD card...it has made me just a little tired.

Thanks so much for stopping bye. Have a wonderful day if you are earlier and night if you are going to bed. Keep smiling :)

11 comments:

  1. Lovely card and beautiful embossing idea.
    Happy New year, thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly this special week;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great card, love the different embossing on this make.. Kaz (gdt tms)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely, c&s Thank You card, I do like the embossing.
    Phindys Place has a Thank You challenge running too at the moment, do please pop by and enter:)
    Happy New Year
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tamie:
    Don't you just love that Fluer de Lis ef! Hey you popped in on my blog and commented on my card for the challenge this week at PPC-CC. I used the Ornamental Iron ef from ProvoCraft. Hope that helps. I think I bought off E-Bay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card!

    Thank you for joining us at Phindy's Place this week and hope to see you again!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so elegant. I love the embossed papers, and the lightly inked areas. Truly a pretty card! I'm so glad you decided to enter this into this weeks challenge over at Phindy's Place. We hope to see you back again.
    Hugs,
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card, love the inking the stamp, and the embossing, torn paper too...very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooooooooooooooo I like this! Perfectly CAS & I love the tones! I am a brown fanatic though! Well done! Thank you for Being Thankful with our special team of designers this week at the Papertake Weekly Challenge! Happy New Year! Corry (GDT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card! Love all the texture. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this crad! Thanks for playing with us at SPCC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad to see you playing along! Thank you for joining us and taking the Phindy’s Place Challenge, do hope you’ll join us again this Friday for our first challenge of 2011!
    Hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete