Thursday, April 28, 2011

De-Stress wtih 4 Crafty Chicks

Happy, Happy Thursday! Well yesterday day night we had quite the rain storm filled with snow but you know it just really seemed like spring. It really is finally here. The last few days have just been so beautiful.

So here we are for another great challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks. What an incredible show of inspiration for the Easter challenge last week *love it*. Our beautiful and talented hostess-with-the-mostess is Lori for Challenge #35.


CHALLENGE #35 is DISTRESSING

Distressing is just so much fun. It is hard to tell in my card but I took my little sander to the second layer of black in the center (what a fabby mess I made). I also used my dauber to distress with pretty in pink on the edges of the whisper white paper. So Mother's Day is going to be coming up soon, so I thought it would be fun to make a mom card. I love this stamp set from Stampin' Up. The design of my card is just plain and simple but hopefully effective. Boy it was frustrating after I took this picture that I realized that my pearls were not on...LOL. How could I have forgotten the bling.




Being a mom can be so hard and is to me one day that I can spoil my mom and make sure she knows how much she is loved. I am grateful to share her with some of my friends who also thinks she is an amazing person.


So today I have so much today for we leave on Saturday to go to Niagria Falls in Ontario. Just when I think I am getting ahead, I fall a bit behind...LOL. Life is never ever boring that is forsure.


Be sure to stop bye and check out Leanne, Lori and Melissa blogs, they have such fantastic work too. Show us your distressing power *wink*.


Thanks so much for stopping bye.

4 comments:

  1. Pretty card Tamie! I like how you distressed the panel behind MOM...and the inking adds that soft, subtle touch too :) I love your Mom too - she rocks! Thanks for the awesome card for my challenge this week. Have a super dooper time in Niagra!

    PS...love the new blog look too! xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog Tamie, I was going to copy you, but thought I better get my own. I love the colors you used for this challenge, and the fact you didn't put the bling on, is okay...looks great.

    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cards are very good and creative,,

    Uhooi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete