Friday, March 16, 2012

Coloring Embossing Folders for Dimensions

Hi everyone I am back with another SP and Company post and I want to show you another way to add dimension to your layering. Today, I chose to use the Spring Bunny Single Stamp and Easter Bunny Sentiments. It can also be a fun and easy way to make your own colors of designer paper. Embossing folders can be so versatile.

I started off with cutting my white card stock. Then I cut my brown and blue paper.


I tried to take a picture of the embossing folder I was using. It is a Tuscan Tiles and has tons of texture.


The next step is to open up the embossing folder and stamp one side of it. The bottom side was inked up for this card using blue ink. You have to make sure you have good coverage of ink.



Oh, I forgot to get you a picture of running the paper through my Cuttlebug. You put you paper in your embossing folder and then run it through your embossing machine. Try really hard not to move the paper inside the folder otherwise it can turn out blurry. This is what it looks like when it comes out.



Here is part of the card layed together so that you can see how the colored embossing looks.



Here is the final product with these super fun clear stamps. There is a little bit of ribbon, a few pearls but mostly it is clean and simple to show you how by inking up your embossing folder you can add very effective dimension to your card and create your own designer paper.

Sorry the pictures are not as clear as they could be. I was using another camera...that I don't know how to work :)



Thank you so much for stopping bye today. Please join us again tomorrow at SP Blog for some more inspiration.

1 comment:

  1. Cool Tut! I love that bunny...nicely done on the explaining...great job!

    ReplyDelete