Thursday, August 23, 2012

Sketch Time!!

HAPPY THRUSDAY MORNING YA ALL!  Hope you all had a good sleep last night, I needed more but all and all no complaints.  So before I get to 4 Crafty Chicks new challenge there is something that I would like to share.  Last week my buddy oh pal Lori came for a crafting visit and well we broke out our crocheting.  As we worked Lori asked me how many rows were left?  There was 30 and and then she challenged me to get it done last weekend.  Well that didn't quite happen but now it is fun to report that there is only 13 left.  Super excited to try and complete a project that was way to long in the making...LOL....LOL.  Picture to follow of the completed afghan hopefully it will be soon :)

Thank you so much too everyone who played our Circle challenge last week.  It was way to hard to pick just three.  Please keep bringing it!!  Our beautiful hostess with the mostess this week is Lori and she has an awesome sketch challenge for us.  Thanks Lori for the amazing sketch, it was super fun to create with it. WHOOT, WHOOT!

CHALLENGE #104 - SKETCH 


Ah, now here is my creation with this wonderful sketch.  Yep, you see the Echo Park (Walk in the Park) pattern paper again, I do believe that I am in love with this paper...LOL.   I used three punches from Stampin Up, also Stampin Up buttons, espresso brown marker, cherry cobbler ink and felt flowers.  The stamp set is also from Stampin Up Teeny Tiny Wishes??.
It is a clean and simple card but one that was oh so much fun to make.  I wasn't sure about taking the picture of the card with a white background so here is one with a black back ground. The border was my husband's idea. I think it helped to make a frame of the main part to the sketch.  Butterflies were punched out to go in the top right hand corner but they just didn't seem to fit.  Off I went to my forgotten stash drawer and I think the felt flowers turned out okay.
 This last week has been filled with back to school shopping, one done two left to go*oy*. The stores are just way too busy for me.  How about you?

I would love to enter my card into the Make It Monday - Anything Goes challenge.

Please come and join us at 4 Crafty Chicks for another fun filled challenge.  I can't wait to pop on over to your blog to see your creation.

Thank you for sharing my card with me.  Have an amazing day!!

7 comments:

  1. Hello Tamie .Love the paper and the Faux stitching ? border.
    The felt flowers and buttons are a perfect embellishment.
    Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful card friend....love the paper and those felt flowers, nice touch...awesome friend! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your card on MIM and had to take a closer look im loving the bright but simple layout the colours are fab and your layout is ace; its a winner. thank you for sharing with all us followers at MIM x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!
    My entries are: #165, #189, #217, #227 and #228.
    I would love to have you visit my blog!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete